HTML and CSS for Single Page Application Developers
Many developers, working effectively with Angular, React, and other competing tools,
have learned bits and pieces of HTML and CSS on-the-fly during their work.
In this workshop course,
students will supplement their ad hoc knowledge with a more complete and
intentional understanding of how to use the core Web technologies of HTML5 and CSS3 most effectively.
Prerequisites / Requirements
- Experience with some HTML and CSS.
- A computer: this is a hands-on workshop.
- Editor and other tools to code HTML and CSS.
- Modern Web browsers, such as current Chrome or Firefox.
- Introduction & Background
- HTML Overview
- Global Attributes
- Hands-on: HTML5 Sectioning & Grouping
- Hands-on: Lists
- Hands-on: HTML5 Multimedia
- Character Entities
- Hands-on: Build a small website
- CSS Overview
- The DOM
- Basic Selectors
- SPAN & DIV
- Hands-on: CSS Selectors
- Integrating CSS
- Hands-on: Inheritance & The Cascade
- Hands-on: Add CSS to the small website